[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Digital objects in ASpace Public Interface

Sean Stanley Sean.Stanley at claremont.edu
Mon Apr 18 15:32:02 EDT 2022

Hello,

I am relatively new to using digital objects in ArchivesSpace and recently encountered a couple of issues while using the public interface. I'm curious if others have experienced these issues and/or developed workarounds for their institutions. My questions are listed below:

  1.  While browsing through Digital Materials in the public interface, is it possible to filter results based on the collection in which the digital object is included? For example, the Dan Pollock oral history recording is part of the Matt Garcia Papers (Screenshot 1) However, when trying to filter results to show only those digital objects included in the collection by searching for "Matt Garcia Papers" on the Digital Materials page, I am receiving a "No Results Found" message (Screenshot 2). As we add additional digital objects to our collections, our division would like to be able to search and filter through digital objects based on collection.

  1.  Is there a way to differentiate between items and digital objects on the collection organization page in the public interface. For example, the Dan Pollock oral history folder has two digital objects nested underneath (Screenshot 3), but a user would not necessarily know that they were digital objects until viewed at the object level (Screenshot 4). I am curious if there is a way to mark or tag digital objects so they can be easily found from the collection overview page.

If I can offer any clarifying information to help with my questions, I'm happy to expand. Thanks!

Best,
Sean Stanley

[cid:image001.png at 01D8530E.2348A2C0]

Sean Stanley
Digital and Print Collections Archivist
The Claremont Colleges Library
800 N. Dartmouth Ave., Claremont CA 91711
P * 909 607-8443
E * Sean.Stanley at claremont.edu<mailto:Sean.Stanley at claremont.edu>
library.claremont.edu<http://library.claremont.edu/>
Pronouns: he/him/his