[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Date Expression Parsing / Issues with Timewalk Plugin

Dan Michelson dmichelson at smith.edu
Mon Oct 4 10:37:58 EDT 2021

Hi Laurie,

I've never used the Timewalk plugin, but why use the date expression field
at all when you don't have to?  That would avoid having to enter the same
information twice, aside from cases like "Spring 2020," which don't
translate perfectly to the normalized date fields.

All the best,

Dan

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 9:29 AM Laurie Sather <lsather at hagley.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Anyone else having trouble with the Date Expression no longer parsing out?
> How is everyone else dealing with this?  The timewalk plugin is no longer
> compatible, so we had to disable it, which is very inconvenient to now have
> to manually reenter all the same information.
>

> It sounded like Aspace was going to include a fix with v3.0.2, but the
> automatic date expression parsing still does not function (with or without
> the plugin).
>

> Solutions?
>

> Thank you!
>
> Laurie
>

> Laurie Sather, MA, MLIS, CA
>
> Head Archivist
>
> Archival Collections Department
>
> Hagley Museum and Library
>
> PO Box 3630
>
> Wilmington, DE 19807-0630
>
> Telephone: 302-658-2400 ext. 277
>
> Email: lsather at hagley.org

Dan Michelson
Project Manager Archivist
Smith College Special Collections

For current library access and services details, see Library Services
During COVID-19
<https://libraries.smith.edu/library-services-during-covid-19>.