[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Issues with spreadsheet load

Tom Hanstra hanstra at nd.edu
Tue Nov 30 11:07:53 EST 2021

I'm trying to track down some issues we are having with the load of a
spreadsheet. I'm wondering if I have some database corruption behind the
scenes or just have some bad spreadsheet info.

We are running ArchivesSpace v 2.8.1. When trying to load the spreadsheet,
we consistently get the error in the background log of:

E, [2021-11-30T10:59:08.769519 #7965] ERROR -- : Thread-3238: Unhandled
exception!
E, [2021-11-30T10:59:08.770805 #7965] ERROR -- :
invalid byte sequence in UTF-8

I got this error just with the Only Validate option chosen, but I don't
know enough about what Only validate does.

We've also now gotten this with a couple of different spreadsheets against
a few different records. We have not found a spreadsheet that will work as
things currently stand.

How can I best track down where the issue lies. Might I have an issue with
the database? Or just bad data somewhere in this spreadsheet? Is there a
way to validate an archivesspace database?

Thanks,
Tom

--
*Tom Hanstra*