[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Publishing, Suppressing, or Unpublishing?

Corey Schmidt Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu
Fri May 28 08:33:01 EDT 2021

Bridger,

I had to unpublish a host of records before. You can use the update a resource API endpoint (https://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#update-a-resource) to do that. Just grab the resource first (https://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#get-a-resource), then in the returned json, set publish = False. Then use that update a resource endpoint to push that change to ASpace. That should trigger Solr to update that in the index to not show up in the PUI.

I wrote a script<https://github.com/uga-libraries/aspace_scripts/blob/master/unpublish_records.py> that unpublishes a resource and all its archival objects if the identifier contains "[CLOSED]". It's not as elegant as some other scripts you'll see out there, but it may be helpful.

Sincerely,

Corey

Corey Schmidt
ArchivesSpace Project Manager
University of Georgia Special Collections Libraries