[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Revising finding aids

Dean, Jackie jdean at email.unc.edu
Mon May 24 17:19:14 EDT 2021

Hi,

At UNC-Chapel Hill, we are planning to migrate our finding aids to ArchivesSpace in the near future and have questions about revising and updating finding aids and publishing them to the PUI. We'd like to maintain the existing version of the finding aid online until we are ready to publish the updated version. We frequently make extensive revisions to finding aids and are not sure how this works with the PUI. We would appreciate hearing about how other repositories are managing this process. We've already heard from a few institutions and it has been immensely helpful as we try to conceptualize this workflow.

I'd be happy to get in touch if it is easier to talk about this in person.

Thank you!

Jackie

Jackie Dean
(she, her, hers)
Head of Archival Processing
Special Collections Technical Services
The Wilson Library
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill CB# 3926, Wilson Library, Chapel Hill, NC 27514-8890
919-962-4256  (FAX) 919-962-3594
jdean at email.unc.edu<mailto:jdean at email.unc.edu>