[Archivesspace_Users_Group] lcnaf plugin

Tom Hanstra hanstra at nd.edu
Thu May 20 12:23:02 EDT 2021

Ok, so I did not see that lcnaf was included in ArchivesSpace right from
the beginning. I thought I had to get the files from GitHub as I would with
other plugins, but I see that they are there. In fact several are there.

So I need to revise my overall question to:

- Why is some code added to the zip file but left as a plugin while other
code is added to the software?

In this instance, lcnaf is there but I need to update the config file to
turn it on. With other plugins, I have to get the files from somewhere else
and turn them on. And maybe do more than just put them in the directory
(for instance, oauth needs to be compiled). How is it determined what goes
where and how it is or is not included?

Sorry, but this is rather confusing to the newbie.

Thanks
Tom

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 10:51 AM Joshua D. Shaw <Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Tom
>
> To enable any plugin in the /plugins directory, you need to update the
> config file. Specifically, the entry
>
> AppConfig[:plugins] = []
>
> The array contents are just the directory names of the plugins that you
> want to enable
>
> So, to enable just the lcnaf plugin, you would want
>
> AppConfig[:plugins] = ['lcnaf']
>
> https://archivesspace.github.io/tech-docs/ is a good resource.
>
> jds

*Tom Hanstra*