[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Database Migration Error on AS 2.6.0

Blake Carver blake.carver at lyrasis.org
Fri May 14 12:50:25 EDT 2021

I wouldn't recommend changing the schema_info, this can put you in a really bad place.

Your error:
""The schema info version should be 120 for ArchivesSpace version v2.6.0.  However, your schema info version is set at 122"

Every release of ArchivesSpace has a  schema number . All recent releases have the  schema number  listed on the release notes. So the latest version 3.0 is  147, and the previous release 2.8.1 is 138 and so on down the line. Those numbers are important and are set by the code. That's what the ArchivesSpace code looks at to know that the MySQL Database lines up with what it expects. Each version expects certain tables/rows/columns to be there and in a certain format. As ArchivesSpace starts each time it checks that shema_info number, and if it's wrong, it fails. So ArchivesSpace 3.0 starts up and says "Hey MySQL what ya got there?" and MySQL says "147" and ArchivesSpace says "Groovy, that's what I need to run" and then they high five and start getting down to business. If ArchivesSpace starts up and says "Hey MySQL, what ya got there?" and it says "122" and ArchivesSpace was expecting 120, ArchivesSpace says "That ain't right, I can't work with that" and starts telling you all about it in archivesspace.out.

So your version of ArchivesSpace is expecting schema_info to be 120 but it's actually 122, which is larger number and therefore a newer release.

Looking back at the old releases, schema_info on 2.7 is 126 and the release before that is 120 is 2.6.0, which means 122 is... I don't know what.

I'm not sure what to recommend here. From what I can see there is not any release that should have a schema version of 122, so I don't know how that got set like that.