[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Error when trying to add Event Type

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Tue May 4 12:02:05 EDT 2021

Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this in the past 3 years, but
wanted to follow up as our Systems Archivist and I have apparently had the
same problem. Background: since we don't use Digital Objects in ASpace, we
do not use a lot of the out-of-the-box Events, but we do track a lot of
processing steps using Events record. We do not want to delete any Events
that are native to ASpace so have suppressed many of them. Total, we have
44 events with 27 of the ASpace-native events suppressed. Though we plan to
upgrade soon, we're on ASpace version 2.4.1.

For the new Events that we've created for tracking processing steps, we
have generally posted them via the API and modified the yml file to add the
translations. We've always been able to create new events with no
problems... that is until yesterday when we tried to add two new ones and
failed trying two different ways:

   1. Posing via the API. The values appear to post. There are no error
   messages, but when we look in the staff interface GUI and check the
   database's enumeration_value table, the new events aren't there.
   2. Adding the new event via Manage Controlled Value Lists

This screenshot is the error we get when we try 2:
[image: Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 8.26.28 AM.png]
I just tried going to the staff interface GUI and unsuppressing 7 events
that we normally suppress. I was still unable to add new events.

Has anyone else experienced this recently? Is there a documented solution
to the problem?

Thanks!
Olivia