[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Disappeared Accession Record

James Bullen james at hudmol.com
Mon Mar 22 19:20:51 EDT 2021

Hi Katie,

That looks suspiciously like a bug I’ve seen on v2.8.1 - not sure if it afflicts any earlier versions. I assume it has been noted elsewhere and documented because it’s pretty nasty.

If an accession has an instance with a linked top container, its json looks like this:

        "top_container":
        {
          "ref":
          [
            "SubContainer",
            "TopContainer"
          ]
        }

That ref value should be the uri of the top container (not an array of strings - classnames?). When the indexer retrieves such an accession it tries to resolve the top container and blows up because it is not expecting an array.

The test would be to remove the instance and see if it re-appears in search results.

I assume this will be fixed in the next release.

Cheers,
James