[Archivesspace_Users_Group] PUI indexing issues

Blake Carver blake.carver at lyrasis.org
Tue Mar 16 14:03:00 EDT 2021

I can only answer some of those.

- Staff indexing is done and has its files written. So does the number of threads given to that make a difference? Is it still taking up resources?

Not so much if it's not doing anything.

- Does there happen to be any way to stop the staff indexing and just let PUI have full access to the server for indexing?

You can disable either indexer, but that requires a restart. There's a setting in the config. The PUI is just slower than the Staff.

- Should our repositories be broken up into smaller groupings?  I'm beginning to wonder if we have things set up incorrectly, since it sounds like we have a very large data set compared to others.

It's probably not the total number of resources in a repo, just that the resources are quite large.