[Archivesspace_Users_Group] AS Agent Search Functionality

Trevor Thornton trthorn2 at ncsu.edu
Thu Mar 11 11:09:21 EST 2021

I think this might be related to the search and browse preferences that
were added recently (maybe not that recent, but in one of the last few
releases).

If you look in the preferences (we set ours in the ‘repository
preferences’, but you might do it at the global or user level), look for
“Agent Browse Columns”, then look for the Default Sort Column and Default
Sort Direction settings. These are what determine the order of the results
that appear when you start typing in the agent box. Try setting Default
Sort Column to Relevance, and set Default Sort Direction to 'descending',
and see if that makes a difference.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 7:43 AM Arantza Barrutia Ezenarro <
a.barrutia-wood at sheffield.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Any users experiencing issues with the agent search functionality?
>
> I'm finding that the agent I'm typing in the box is not coming up but
> instead a list of other agents appear, sometimes even when I use title:* I
> have to search through several agents and when I browse the agent template
> I still have to look through several pages, even when I type the entire
> agent name. I'm surprised that AS is not giving me the agent I'm typing as
> the first choice and I'm worried that as the agent database increases there
> is a risk of users starting to duplicate entries because of this. I believe
> something similar is happening with containers.
>
> Has anyone got a solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Arantza Barrutia
> National Fairground and Circus Archive Collections Manager
> Western Bank Library
> University of Sheffield
> Western Bank
> Sheffield
> S10 2TN
> a.barrutia-wood at sheffield.ac.uk
>
> 01142227266
>
> *Follow the National Fairground and Circus Archive *.*on Twitter
> <https://twitter.com/> and Facebook
> <https://en-gb.facebook.com/nfcarchive/>*
>

> *Follow the University Library on Instagram
> <https://www.instagram.com/unisheffieldlib/>, Twitter
> <https://twitter.com/UniSheffieldLib> and on Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Sheffield-Library/109734975775542>*

Trevor Thornton
Applications Developer, Digital Library Initiatives
North Carolina State University Libraries