[Archivesspace_Users_Group] OSS LYRASIS Research Survey: Participation Requested

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Thu Mar 4 10:24:41 EST 2021

[Posted on behalf of our colleague Hannah Rosen at LYRASIS.   Please contact Hannah at hannah.rosen at lyrasis.org<mailto:hannah.rosen at lyrasis.org> for more information]

Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to announce the release of our 2021 LYRASIS Research survey! This year the survey focuses on challenges and opportunities in community-supported open source software (OSS).

We welcome your participation in this survey. The survey will offer LYRASIS members, users and participants in the GLAM (galleries, libraries, archives and museums) community a new perspective and understanding of how our institutions interact with and support GLAM-focused OSS. The survey is divided into three sections: (1) funding/supporting OSS, (2) justifying OSS, and (3) evaluating OSS. It is intended to cover the span of an institution’s OSS activities, so please share the survey with your colleagues for questions that lie outside of your job duties.

Please take approximately 25 minutes to fill out the following survey: http://bit.ly/37Tj10K

The deadline for participation is April 2nd, 2021.

At the beginning of the survey you will be asked for your name, institution and job title. All of this information will remain confidential and will not be included in any external publications/reports or presentations. We are merely using this information to identify duplicate entries from institutions across our distribution channels.

For those participants who prefer to see all of the question in advance, a PDF copy of the survey has been attached to this email.

As a reminder, the LYRASIS Research surveys are guided by member input. Leaders Circle<https://www.lyrasis.org/Leadership/Pages/Leaders-Circle.aspx> members selected the research topic at our fall forum in October 2020, and then afterwards volunteer members participated in focus groups to determine the scope of the survey and potential questions. Volunteers also assisted LYRASIS staff with final reviews and edits. We at LYRASIS are grateful to be able to perform research developed by and for our community.

Please contact Hannah Rosen, hannah.rosen at lyrasis.org<mailto:hannah.rosen at lyrasis.org> with any questions.

Thank you,

LYRASIS Research and Innovation Team

Jessica Dowd Crouch
Community Engagement Coordinator for ArchivesSpace
jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>
[page1image482511520]