[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Add Subrecord for only one Agent type via Plugin?

Joshua D. Shaw Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu
Tue Jun 22 10:05:53 EDT 2021

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to add a subrecord via a plugin to *only one* agent type? From what I can tell, the current releases do not support this and the sidebar link mechanism appears to be broken as well.

It looks like you need to add an entry for both agent and agent_{type} to the plugin config.yml file. Like

agent:
  name: subrecord_name
  cardinality: zero_to_many
agent_corporate_entity:
  name: subrecord_name
  cardinality: zero_to_many

to get both a sidebar entry and the actual subrecord to appear. The generic agent entry is necessary for the subrecord to appear and is why you can't add to just one agent type. And the specific type entry controls the sidebar link. However, due to the mismatch between config keys, the sidebar link does not match the subrecord anchor.

Am I missing something?

The changes coming in the main branch, look like they *might* support this (or at least something close), but I haven't tested those changes yet.

Thanks!
Joshua

Joshua Shaw (he, him)
Technology Coordinator
Rauner Special Collections Library & Digital Library Technologies Group
Dartmouth College
603.646.0405