[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Top Container/Location issue

Trevor Thornton trthorn2 at ncsu.edu
Mon Jan 25 11:02:05 EST 2021

Hi again-

I was digging into this a little deeper because the same problem was
reported later on Friday by one of our staff testing 2.8.1.

I was wrong when I said the results when searching for a location from a
top container view were inconsistent with a search from the main locations
page. In testing it again I found that they were both wrong the same way.

What I discovered, however, was that, when I search/filter on the main
locations list, the expected results were actually on the last page, at the
end, which suggests that the sort direction was wrong. Changing it from
ascending to descending (in the preferences) fixed the issue for me – I got
the results I expected, both in the main locations list and when searching
from a top container.

My guess is that it's sorting by relevance score (higher score = more
relevant) rather than relevance rank, so the sort order when using
'ascending' is the opposite of what I expected it would be.

I could still be missing something – let me know if this works for you.

-Trevor