[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Top Container/Location issue

Daniels,Carrie carrie.daniels at louisville.edu
Fri Jan 22 12:57:02 EST 2021

Hello ArchivesSpace world -

I'm seeing behavior in version 2.8.1 that I hope is "just" a bug. It's a location issue, but seems to be a little different from the other location issues that have already been reported, and I'm wondering if anyone else is encountering it.

When adding a location to a top container, we used to be able to enter location coordinates in the Location field in order to bring up a suggested list. It wasn't perfect, but normally the location we were looking for was in the first couple suggestions.  Since moving to 2.8.1, this functionality seems to be missing. When we enter any of the coordinates, we either get the first few entries from the entire list of locations, or we get a more random list that includes entries that completely lack matches to the coordinate(s) we entered. We can, of course, use the browse function, but as others have noted recently, when you are working with many boxes, it gets old really fast!

Thanks,
Carrie

Carrie Daniels
(she/her/hers)