[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Containers not being associated with their resources

Rachel Aileen Searcy rachel.searcy at nyu.edu
Wed Feb 24 11:11:13 EST 2021

Hi Mark

We ran into a similar issue recently, where newly created containers were
not being properly associated with the resource record, and updates to
locations or barcodes were not showing up in searches or the Manage Top
Containers view. We looked at the timestamp files for the indexer, and
noticed that there was no location.dat file. We performed a soft re-index
<https://github.com/archivesspace/tech-docs/blob/master/administration/indexes.md>,
after which our containers, barcodes, and locations resumed behaving as
expected. We also have recurring monthly system restarts (which will now
include a soft re-index going forward) built into our schedule, which seems
to help with maintaining overall performance.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're experiencing, but I hope it's
helpful. Take care,
Rachel

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 5:45 PM Mark Cyzyk <mcyzyk at jhu.edu> wrote:

> Dear ASpace list,
>
>  From one of our Archivists:
>
> > When I create a new container, either manually or by spreadsheet
> > ingest, the container appears properly in the Instance field of the
> > record. From the resource, I can open the container record and it
> > appears to be associated with the resource correctly. However, in the
> > container management module, when I search for all containers
> > associated with the collection, the recently created container is not
> > listed. If I search for the new container's barcode, the container
> > appears in the search results but with no associated resource. I can
> > also locate the new containers by searching for unassociated containers.
>
> It seems like some linkage is not happening here.
>
> More, this is only happening in his Repository, not our other, larger
> Repository.
>
> Has anyone else run into this?
>
> Mark
>
> --
> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> Mark Cyzyk, M.A., M.L.S.
> Library Applications Group
> The Sheridan Libraries
> The Johns Hopkins University
> mcyzyk at jhu.edu
>
> Verba volant, scripta manent.

Rachel Searcy
Accessioning Archivist, Archival Collections Management
New York University Libraries
212.998.2539 | rachel.searcy at nyu.edu
My pronouns are she/her/hers