[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Checking for Broken URLs in Resources

Andrew Morrison andrew.morrison at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 11 05:12:10 EST 2021

Another approach would be to modify the Solr schema and the
ArchivesSpace indexer to set up and populate an index field just for
URLs. Then write a script to query Solr, to get a list of URLs, then
send HTTP requests to test them as with any other link checker. That
would also have the added bonus of giving staff a dedicated option in
the advanced search for finding records by the URLs they contain (or *
to get all with external links.) This is something I have been working
on, but it is currently on the back-burner.

Andrew.