[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Public interface not working with upgrade to v.2.8.1.

Calev, Suzanna suzanna.calev at wilkes.edu
Thu Feb 4 08:48:52 EST 2021

Hi AS community,

My institution's network guy is trying to upgrade our AS to v.2.8.1. (we
had version 2.5 earlier). He sent me an email with this issue he's having
with the public interface side not working. Has anyone come across this
issue before and can suggest any solutions?
This is what he wrote:

I installed the latest version of the software and our copy of the database
+ settings to it and was able to get the staff portion working. However, I
am getting an error on the public side of the site. It’s looking for a
specific library file that does not seem to be loaded. From what I have
been reading up on it, it looks like the piece it is looking for (sassc v
2.4) has changed the default install location and someone on a public forum
with a similar issue was able to get it to work by making a shortcut to the
file and placing it in the spot where past versions used to put it. This
would be a viable workaround if I understood the software a little better."

Any suggestions or pointing to a wiki page would greatly help us!

Thank you so much,
Suzanna
--
Suzanna Calev, MLIS & MA