[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Seeking advice: Using Archivesspace for sound archives

Nigel Bond nigel.bond at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Feb 1 15:16:45 EST 2021

Kia ora everyone,

We are seeking some advice / assistance.
I have a colleague who is considering using ArchivesSpace for their extensive sound archives.  Currently, they are not using any collection management system (beyond Excel) so will be starting from scratch. We use AS for our documentary heritage collections, (both a back-end, and PUI) but are not experts in working with digital sound archives (file formats, terminology, archival formats and processing requirements, etc).  We would be very interested in connecting with other users, who are more familiar with setting up a sound archive repository in ArchivesSpace. Either through this cannel or directly via email/Zoom.

Nga mihi nui (kind regards),

Nigel Bond

Dr. Nigel Bond, Team Leader, Cultural Collections (Special Collections)

Cultural Collections | Te Tumu Herenga - Libraries and Learning Services | The University of Auckland
5 Alfred Street, Auckland 1010
Private Bag 92019 | Auckland 1142 | New Zealand | Telephone (649) 9237168
Blog: http://www.news.library.auckland.ac.nz/tag/special-collections/