[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Digital Object Edit Batch

Andrew Morrison andrew.morrison at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 17 05:12:31 EST 2021

You could, in theory, use a tool for automating repetitive tasks in a
web browser. There are various open source and proprietary options, used
for testing user interfaces, or screen-scraping information from web
sites. Configure it to open each digital object in turn, edit the URL,
and save. Then set it going and watch it do all the clicking and
scrolling necessary. But finding one with the capabilities you require,
yet won't require a month learning how to program it, might be
difficult. However, if you tell your IT department that they've left you
no other choice but to use some dodgy web browser plug-in that runs
macros, they might be more inclined to run some SQL for you, or give you
access to the API so you can run an off-the-shelf script someone here
might have.

Andrew.