[Archivesspace_Users_Group] API-only users?

Peter Heiner ph448 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 14 10:24:33 EST 2021

Andrew Morrison wrote on 2021-12-14 13:27:13:
> Does anyone know if there is a way set up an ArchivesSpace user so they can
> query the API but they are blocked from logging-in to the staff interface?

My understanding is that this is not possible.

ArchivesSpace does not expose any way to limit users to API or UI access only,
neither using its permissions model or the authentication source used. It also
cannot make authorisation decisions on information provided by the backend as
it is commonly done, among others, using LDAP group membership information.

This means that once you can authenticate, you get access based on whatever
permissions are assigned to your user in the database.