[Archivesspace_Users_Group] New Digital Object records importing with incorrect "actuate" and "show" attributes

Benn Joseph benn.joseph at northwestern.edu
Tue Aug 17 11:26:27 EDT 2021

Hi Bo,
We experienced something similar when using the 'bulk_import_DO_template' to add digital object instances to existing archival objects.

In the spreadsheet, the "Linked-to Digital Object URL" indicates it will be set to Actuate=onRequest, Show=new; the "Thumbnail URL" indicates Actuate=onLoad, Show=embed.

When we import the digital objects, these settings are actually switched-the "Linked-to Digital Object URL" indicates Actuate=onLoad, Show=embed and vice-versa. Otherwise the URLs themselves are in the correct locations in the DO instance. As a result, we see those same display issues and problems accessing content.

We've successfully imported DOs with the spreadsheet importer in the past, so this must be something new. But, we don't use it a ton and can't pinpoint when this might have started.

We're also on v2.8.1.

--Benn