[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Ground Up Top Container work

Jessica Steytler jasteytler at minlib.net
Tue Aug 17 10:23:40 EDT 2021

Hi!

I'm working on implementation and watched the first bit of Road to
Somewhere yesterday and now have some concrete notions on what first steps
I can do to get me further.

Our repository hasn't been mapped before. We have barcodes on many of our
containers. I will be assigning value to ranges and bays. Some containers
have barcodes!  I basically have nothing in my ASpace instance because we
are going to import resources from MARC, and that takes coordination.

However- the physical repository. Not mapped. No data around it to import
at all, so doing from scratch by hand seems like a reasonable thing to do.
Is this a reasonable thing to do? Will it impede our MARC import or just be
a different layer that our resources will then be able to link to?

If it makes sense to move forward, where would you start first and what
reference materials or keywords should use/find?

Thanks-

--
Jessica Steytler  (*she/her)*
Reference - Special Collections