[Archivesspace_Users_Group] digital object import issue

Hand, Sarit shand at ap.org
Tue Aug 3 15:30:30 EDT 2021

Hi Benn,

This may seem obvious but just checking, are the Archival Object records, you are linking the DO records to, published?
When you use 'bulk_import_template.xlsx', Publish is determined by the status you set for the Archival Object record you are creating hence no Publish field for the digital object record. That importer is for bulk importing Archival Objects with an option to include a DO.

The 'bulk_import_DO_template.xlsx', is for uploading DO records to pre-existing AO records, I was unable to find anything in AS Help Center that indicates whether or not the pre-existing record in AS needs to be published or not.

If the Archival Objects you are linking to are published and the DOs are still importing FALSE, then maybe there is a glitch that needs to be fixed. Perhaps a support ticket?

I have not used the DO importer yet, but now I'll know to watch out for this, tnx.
Please update if/when you figure this out.
Cheers

[cid:image003.png at 01D7887C.9C221300]

Sarit Hand
Digital Archivist