[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Human readable URLs inserting underscores

Rees, John (NIH/NLM) [E] reesj at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Tue Aug 3 11:12:00 EDT 2021

Hi all,

Experimenting with the human readable URLs options and I notice that with our numerical EADIDS 2 underscores are inserted as a prefix for Resources, but not Archival Objects. I see the same behavior with or without autogenerate slugs on/off and when running the background job.

This behavior is not present with alphanumeric EADIDs.

Is this a bug or a feature? I don't see this in the original spec documentation.

Some screenshots attached.

Our config:
AppConfig[:use_human_readable_urls] = true
#
## Use the repository in human-readable URLs
## Warning: setting repo_name_in_slugs to true when it has previously been set to false will break links, unless all slugs are regenerated.
AppConfig[:repo_name_in_slugs] = true
#
## Autogenerate slugs based on IDs. If this is set to false, then slugs will autogenerate based on name or title.
AppConfig[:auto_generate_slugs_with_id] = true
#
## For Resources: if this option and auto_generate_slugs_with_id are both enabled, then slugs for Resources will be generated with EADID instead of the identifier.
AppConfig[:generate_resource_slugs_with_eadid] = true
#
## For archival objects: if this option and auto_generate_slugs_with_id are both enabled, then slugs for archival resources will be generated with Component Unique Identifier instead of the identifier.
AppConfig[:generate_archival_object_slugs_with_cuid] = true

Thanks,
John

John P. Rees
Archivist and Digital Resources Manager
History of Medicine Division
National Library of Medicine
301-827-4510
Teleworking M-F 8:00AM - 4:30PM Eastern Time each day until further notice
[I am vaccinated signature.]

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D7884F.FC3F4DC0]
[cid:image008.png at 01D7884F.38D92DB0]

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D7884F.FC3F4DC0]