[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Database connection error in ArchivesSpace 2.8 PUI

Cory Nimer cory_nimer at byu.edu
Wed Sep 30 12:09:31 EDT 2020

Colleagues,

While testing ArchivesSpace 2.8, we have run into occasional problems loading some records in the PUI, receiving the message "Unable to Connect to Database". Looking at the log files, it reports that the Solr search failed, caused by "too many boolean clauses". A copy of the relevant portion of the log file is attached.

We had experienced similar issues in 2.5.1 as well, but hoped that this would be resolved by the 2.8 release. Reviewing GitHub, the only similar references that we found were pull requests 1155 (https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/pull/1155) and 1257 (https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/issues/1257), though these were back in the 2.3.1 release.

Have others encountered similar issues, and if so how were they resolved?

Thank you for your help,

Cory Nimer
University Archivist
Brigham Young University