[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Advice about measuring use of specific collections (resources record plus archival objects)

Natalie Adams na207 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 9 10:19:55 EDT 2020

Dear all,

We're collecting PUI usage stats using Google Analytics and thinking about what data we can extract about the use of specific collections to evidence impact and use by external users.

It's possible to look at data for visits to a specific resource level description page but, unless we are missing something, hard to collect consolidated data for the archival object records which are children/descendants of that resource. Ideally we would like to be able to produce statistics for the use of a specific collection on the PUI (including use of resource and archival object records).

Has anyone else successfully used Google Analytics, or anything else, for this purpose? Any advice would be really helpful.

Best wishes,

Natalie

Natalie Adams
Systems Archivist