[Archivesspace_Users_Group] MySQL connector question

Peter Heiner ph448 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 9 08:13:19 EDT 2020

Neal, Rick wrote on 2020-10-09 11:47:06:
> I checked my CLASSPATH but found it was empty.  My java is using
> /bin/java.  Could my issues simply be that the CLASSPATH is empty?  Do
> I want to add java to the CLASSPATH by doing this: export
> CLASSPATH=/bin/java and then test to see if everything just starts
> working?

I realise capitalising 'classpath' was a mistake. Some Java apps'
startup scripts make use of this, others use the java binary's -cp or
-classpath flag directly. ArchivesSpace's classpath does not include
system directories like /usr/share/java where the mysql-connector-java
package puts its files. You need to copy or link the connector found in
/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar to the main
archivesspace/lib directory.