[Archivesspace_Users_Group] MySQL issue

Blake Carver blake.carver at lyrasis.org
Thu Oct 8 09:17:45 EDT 2020

> During troubleshooting an issue with Preservica not being able to connect

What's wrong with Preservica? What's the errors from the logs? The answer is here probably.

>I find that while the archivesspace database is in mysql, and there is an archivesspace user with a password
> there are no grants listed for that user to the archivesspace database.

That's only done once, when you set up ArchivesSpace the first time:
https://archivesspace.github.io/tech-docs/provisioning/mysql.html

> The instructions for migrating said to run the setup-database.sh script, nothing about having
>to grant permissions or setting the default character encoding or such.

That's correct, there is no reason to change anything in MySQL for 2.8.

> One thing that I did notice as I looked in the user table in the archivesspace database.
> There is no archivespace user listed when I select all.

That's also correct. The MySQL user/password defined in config.rb are not in the archivesspace database, they are in the mysql database.