[Archivesspace_Users_Group] General help on rights statements

Bowers, Kate A. kate_bowers at harvard.edu
Thu Oct 1 11:48:13 EDT 2020

I cannot find good basic information on the purpose and use of rights statements in ArchivesSpace.  I am particularly looking something that would describe the differences among the purpose and uses of:

·        Conditions governing access

·        Conditions governing use

·        Rights statements

Does anyone have good local documentation or know a direct link to official AS documentation that would help?  (I’ve found https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ArchivesSpaceUserManual/pages/897352054/Rights+Statements+Sub-Record+v2.1.0+-+Agents but it really doesn’t address why or when you would use a rights statement).

Thanks!

Kate