[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Help Please - System Setup Before Data Import

Solek, VivianLea VivianLea.Solek at Kofc.Org
Mon Nov 2 13:00:51 EST 2020

Good afternoon,

I am ready to start importing data into ASpace, but I know there are things I need to do to set up my ASpace instance before I hit "import."  I know I need to

  1.  Set My Repository Preferences (including controlled vocabulary lists)
  2.  Import location codes
  3.  Arrange notes per DACS order
  4.  Create top container profiles.

Are there things you wish someone had told you before import?  Other things I should set up before importing?

I'm working through the video tutorials in the Help Center, but I don't see a video titled "Setting Up ASpace Prior to Import" that would answer my questions.

Thank you all VERY much for any and all suggestions you may have!

All the best,
VivianLea

VivianLea Solek
Archivist
Knights of Columbus Supreme Council Archives

Knights of Columbus Museum
1 State Street
New Haven, CT 06511-6702
Phone 203 752-4578
Fax 203 865-0351

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the addressee or addressees named above for its intended purpose. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, this message constitutes notice that any review, retransmission, distribution, copying or other use or taking any action in reliance on the information in this message and its attachments, is prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and its attachments from your system without keeping a copy. Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message may be construed as a digital or electronic signature. Thank you.