[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Batch Export App is Live!

Corey Schmidt Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu
Fri Jul 24 16:30:39 EDT 2020

Dear ArchivesSpace Users,

Hello again, this is Corey Schmidt, ArchivesSpace PM at the University of Georgia.

I'm excited to announce the full release of a little app we made to batch export ArchivesSpace records. This app can batch export EAD and MARCXML files, Container Labels, and PDFs. It can also run XML cleanup on EAD.xml files and upload XML or PDF files to XTF-based finding aid websites. It's made with a simple GUI, so no terminal inputs are necessary. Also, for Windows users, it comes with an easy installer. For Mac users, you can still run it with a few extra steps, but we are working on getting a Mac .app version that is just as easy to install.

If you would like to check it out, here is the link to the GitHub repo: https://github.com/uga-libraries/ASpace_Batch_Export-Cleanup-Upload. To download the latest release for Windows, go to this link and click on asbatch-v100.exe to download and install: https://github.com/uga-libraries/ASpace_Batch_Export-Cleanup-Upload/releases/tag/1.0.0

I will be giving a demo/presentation of the app at the ArchivesSpace Member Forum<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/1422819333/ArchivesSpace+Member+Forum+2020> on August 3, 1:10PM (EST) and at the Metadata and Digital Object Section<https://archives2020.sched.com/event/dCsV/metadata-digital-object-section> at the SAA Annual Meeting on July 27, 1:00PM (EST).

Special thanks to everyone on the listserv and elsewhere who helped make this possible. Thank you for you valuable and amazing insight.

Sincerely,

Corey

Corey Schmidt
ArchivesSpace Project Manager
University of Georgia Special Collections Libraries
Email: Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu