[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Archivists Toolkit migration question

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Wed Feb 26 09:30:29 EST 2020

Dear Lisa,

You are correct that the current Archivists' Toolkit migration tool (https://github.com/archivesspace/at-migration) can be used to migrate into versions of ArchivesSpace through 2.6.0. This is due to the changes that were made to the languages area of the application beginning with v2.7.0. We recommend migrating to 2.6.0 and then upgrading your ArchivesSpace to 2.7.0 (or 2.7.1) once your migration is complete.

The standard advice about doing an AT to ArchivesSpace migration still applies - we suggest doing at least one test migration first, determining if there is any cleanup that can be done to your data in AT based on any errors you receive, and then proceeding to the actual migration when you're ready. Lots of people on the list have migrated from AT and can provide more specific advice if you need it. If you find you need more, feel free to get in touch with the program team at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org>.

Hope that helps,
Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager