[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Method to Pause Indexer during Job Run?

James Bullen james at hudmol.com
Tue Feb 18 19:16:45 EST 2020

Hi Joshua,

I haven’t used it, but I see these endpoints in indexer/app/main.rb

  get "/" do
    if IndexerCommon.paused?
      "Indexers paused until #{IndexerCommon.class_variable_get(:@@paused_until)}"
    else
      "Running every #{AppConfig[:solr_indexing_frequency_seconds].to_i} seconds. "
    end
  end

  # this pauses the indexer so that bulk update and migrations can happen
  # without bogging down the server
  put "/" do
    duration = params[:duration].nil? ? 900 : params[:duration].to_i
    IndexerCommon.pause duration
    "#{IndexerCommon.class_variable_get(:@@paused_until)}"
  end

Seems to do what you want.