[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Method to Pause Indexer during Job Run?

Joshua D. Shaw Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu
Tue Feb 18 14:29:27 EST 2020

Hey all-

I writing a job that may take a *long* time (hours) to complete which will be updating a *lot* of AO records. I'm wondering if there's a way to pause the Indexer during a job so that I can let the Indexer do its thing *after* the job completes. I know I can toggle the AppConfig value for the indexer and do a stop/start for the app, but ideally I'd like to do the pause/resume of the Indexer while the job runs.

I could also set this up as a migration, but the updates include a bunch of tables (I'm adding an instance to AOs which meet certain criteria) and I'd prefer to use the API to do things to be safe.

Any thoughts on pausing the Indexer during a job, or do I bite the bullet and do this as a migration?

Thanks!
Joshua

Joshua Shaw (he, him)
Technology Coordinator
Rauner Special Collections Library & Digital Library Technologies Group
Dartmouth College
603.646.0405