[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Top Container Searching

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Wed Dec 2 16:21:29 EST 2020

Hello Wendy,

As you note, various improvements have been made to the Manage Top Containers searching in recent releases. (A big thank you to the folks at Harvard for their recent contributions in this area, including making the terms used in the last search sticky.) Across the application, we also added resource identifiers to the typeahead/linker display area in 2.8.1 to make it easier for users to identify which resource is the one of interest. There’s more information about using the Manage Top Containers area in the ArchivesSpace Help Center (https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/917045261/ArchivesSpace+Help+Center).

You’re correct that right now the typeaheads do a keyword search across all resource records as a user is typing along. Nothing is currently planned to change that, but please feel free to submit a feature request to JIRA if you’d like to suggest this behavior be changed. There’s information about how to do that at https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/19202060/How+to+Request+a+New+Feature.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>