[Archivesspace_Users_Group] mapping legacy location information

Fishman, Jessi j.fishman at austin.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 18 10:43:01 EDT 2020

Hi all,

We're starting a project to map out and transfer our box location information from Excel and Google spreadsheet "shelf lists" into ArchivesSpace. As we're in the planning stages, I thought I'd reach out and see if anyone has experience with this and can offer any helpful tips regarding irregular legacy location information; specific things we're considering include: oversize and artifact items of multiple collections in one area; accession numbers not always being linked to box numbers; and how to deal with the loss of information like amount of space left vacant on a shelf. Any tips or encouragement would be appreciated! Thank you!

Jessi Fishman, MSIS, CA
Archivist
Briscoe Center for American History
The University of Texas at Austin