[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Best Way to Reindex with PUI Live?

Joshua D. Shaw Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu
Mon Apr 27 13:01:58 EDT 2020

Hi all-

Just wondering what people have been doing when they need to do a total reindex and they have a live PUI? Our reindex takes about 4-6 hours typically and I'm looking to avoid 4-6 hours of PUI downtime if at all possible.

I'm planning to just wipe the indexer_state files and leave the index itself in place while the re-index occurs, but I'm wondering if there are better/alternate methods? Theoretically the PUI should still be functional while the reindex takes place if only the indexer_state files are wiped.

Thanks!
Joshua

Joshua Shaw (he, him)
Technology Coordinator
Rauner Special Collections Library & Digital Library Technologies Group
Dartmouth College
603.646.0405