[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace and OCLC Digital Gateway

Michelle Echols michelle.echols at mail.wvu.edu
Fri Apr 24 14:39:04 EDT 2020

Hi all,

We are looking to make our ArchivesSpace finding aids discoverable in WorldCat. We are hoping to set up our ArchivesSpace OAI-PMH to communicate with the Digital Collections Gateway. Our Systems team has created a base OAI-PMH url, but the records it pulls do not include an actionable URL identifier that points to the finding aids. Has anyone run into this problem and devised a solution to include urls that link to our ArchivesSpace finding aids?

One potential solution we found would be to generate Archival Resource Keys (ARKs) https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ArchivesSpaceUserManual/pages/919502964/Archival+Resource+Keys+ARKs

Has this or another solution worked for anyone using both ArchivesSpace and the Digital Gateway?

Thank you for any help,

Michelle Echols

/ Michelle Echols
Metadata and Cataloging Librarian