[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Proxy Error when loading large resource record?

Cortland, Christina Rosalie crosalie at live.unc.edu
Thu Apr 23 10:30:40 EDT 2020

Hi all,

We recently migrated 2K+ top containers into ASpace to link to a single resource and started inconsistently but not infrequently running into a "Proxy Error" when trying to either load the resource record in the staff interface or when trying to search by resource record identifier from the main toolbar.

I get the response:
"<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<title>502 Proxy Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Proxy Error</h1>
response from an upstream server.<br />

See also attached screenshot of when this occurs while attempting to load the resource record.

When I refresh the page, the page usually (but again, not consistently) loads correctly.

Has anyone run into this before/has any suggestions for how to fix?

Thank you!

Christina Cortland
Software Development

UNC-Chapel Hill Libraries