[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Microfilm Numbers

Patricia Mitchell Patricia.Mitchell at tn.gov
Mon Apr 20 11:22:44 EDT 2020

Hi, I'm working on migrating legacy accession data to ArchivesSpace. All of our accessions have unique identifiers assigned to them, but some also have unique numbers assigned to them when they're microfilmed. An example would be: Ac. No. 2020-053, MF. 100. For migrating into ArchivesSpace, I would likely put 2020 in the first accession number field, followed by 053 in the second accession number field, but what should I do with the MF number? This is info we'd like to retain obviously, and we could put it in a user-identified field, but I'm trying to avoid creating too many custom fields if there are appropriate fields already available in ArchivesSpace. Does anyone else have more than one unique identifier assigned to a collection? Any ideas for where to record this data?

Patsy Mitchell

Electronic Records Archivist

Tennessee State Library & Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN  37243

615.253.8712

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The Mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState<http://www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState>

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline<http://www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline>