[Archivesspace_Users_Group] What field does an EADID go into for MARXML ingest?

Hilton, Adrien adrien_hilton at harvard.edu
Thu Sep 12 12:23:31 EDT 2019

Hi Kate,

I can talk to you about this offline if you'd like.

In a nutshell, the ArchivesSpace MARCxml importer doesn't include a mapping to the EADID field in the resource record. Even if you put it in your MARCxml (say the 555), it gets drop on ingest.

We're working to convert some 1000 MARC records to EADxml, then autogenerate the EADID field with consecutive numbers. We'd ingest the EAD instead of the MARC.

It's Harvard's installation that won't let you save the resource records without the EADID.

Best wishes,
Adrien