[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Another newbie

Kottman, Miloche mkottman at ku.edu
Tue Sep 10 14:49:14 EDT 2019

Jill,

You can add location profiles to Location records in bulk:

1.       Browse/Search for the location(s) you want to update, e.g. everything in a particular building, on a particular floor, etc.

2.       On the result screen, click to add a checkmark to the little box to the immediate left of the shelves you want to add the location profile to
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D567DE.87B75F80]

3.       Once you've added at least one checkmark, the Edit Batch button in the upper(ish) right will become available. Click on the Edit Batch button

4.       You will get a warning box that says:  Edit Records? Which asks if you're sure you want to edit multiple records.  Click on the Edit Records button to proceed or the Cancel button if you've changed your mind.

5.       You'll get a blank Location record which includes the option to add/change the Location Profile for all selected records.
[cid:image006.jpg at 01D567DE.87B75F80]

6.       Search/Select the applicable location profile from the drop down and then click on the Update Locations button

Unfortunately, there's not a way to select all the location records on a screen or that match a search/filter with a single click.  However this batch method is better than calling them up one-by-one.

--Miloche

Miloche Kottman
Head of Cataloging & Archival Processing
University of Kansas Libraries
Lawrence, KS 66045
mkottman at ku.edu<mailto:mkottman at ku.edu>
785-864-3916