[Archivesspace_Users_Group] URI

Trevor Thornton trthorn2 at ncsu.edu
Thu Sep 5 10:22:07 EDT 2019

The URI that displays at the bottom is an identifier for the digital object
record and is used internally by the ArchivesSpace API
<http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#archivesspace-rest-api>.
It isn't a location (a URL) so nothing is actually "stored" there. It's
just a way to reference a record and is available as an API endpoint via
various HTTP request methods (GET
<http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#get-a-digital-object>,
POST
<http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#update-a-digital-object>,
DELETE
<http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#delete-a-digital-object>).
/repositories/2/digital_objects is also an API endpoint (GET
<http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#get-a-list-of-digital-objects-for-a-repository>,
POST
<http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#create-a-digital-object>
).

For anyone building services that communicate with the ArchivesSpace API,
having the record URI available in the staff interface is handy. At NC
State we had been providing the URI on the front end via a plugin but it
was integrated into the core code in version 2.5.2.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 9:54 AM Busch, Ed <buschedw at msu.edu> wrote:

> When you create a digital object instance, a line appears in the Basic
> Information under Restictions
>
> *Created by admin* 2019-09-05 13:48:44 +0000 | *Last Modified by admin* 2019-09-05
> 13:49:08 +0000 | *URI:* /repositories/2/digital_objects/2
>

> Where is this /repositories/2/digital_objects space located at? What is
> actually store there?
>

> *Ed Busch*

Trevor Thornton
Applications Developer, Digital Library Initiatives
North Carolina State University Libraries