[Archivesspace_Users_Group] merging ArchivesSpace instances and LCNAF genres plug in questions

Tang, Lydia ltang5 at msu.edu
Thu Oct 24 12:00:07 EDT 2019

Hello, all!
My institution will be starting a project to migrate our two separate ArchivesSpace instances into a single, shared instance (maintaining multiple repositories).  Has anyone else attempted this?  I have a feeling that it will involve a lot of API work and challenges may include:

  *   Reconciling duplicate/slightly varying Agents and Subjects
  *   Potentially losing events, background jobs, and locations of the instance that is migrated
  *   Potentially losing date and creator information of migrated objects (maybe?)
  *   Anything else?
It’s an unenviable project, but it will hopefully be beneficial!
I’ve submitted a Jira ticket about a database migrator – if people have thoughts and opinions, please feel free to comment on this or the list!  https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-884
On a slightly related note, do people have ideas on how to assess and compare agents and subjects for reconciliation?:
On a slightly further afield question (and unfortunately, one that I’m passing along for a colleague but that I personally don’t have experience with), I wanted to ask if anyone has been able to tweak the LCNAF plug in to direct it to genre terms as well?
Thanks for your thoughts and help!
Lydia
--
Dr. Lydia Tang, CA, DAS, DMA, MLIS