[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Sorting Top Containers by indicator inaccurate?

Wendler, Robin King robin_wendler at harvard.edu
Fri Nov 22 15:36:32 EST 2019

Hello,
       In our installation of ASpace, sorting Top Containers by Indicator in a Manage Top Containers result set is inaccurate. There is a ticket in JIRA https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-889 (Default numerically sort Top Containers in "Manage Top Container" Resource results), which is not what we want. We want the alphanumeric sort to be accurate. For example, we see results supposedly sorted by indicator that contain a sequence like this:

Iowa 1
Iowa 9
Ohio 1
Ohio A
Iowa 10
..
Iowa 55
Texas 1
Texas 9
Kansas 1
...Etc.

I don't know if it's related, but the typeahead search for Top Container from within a Container Instance fails to find any matches for known containers most of the time, and produces flaky results when it does.

We are planning on tackling both of these during an upcoming batch of small container management enhancements, but it would help to know if we are trying to solve a known problem elsewhere in the community, or if it is something  peculiar to our installation.

Have you experienced either of these problems, and if so, have you identified the potential culprit(s)?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Robin