[Archivesspace_Users_Group] importing EAD files

Kevin W. Schlottmann kws2126 at columbia.edu
Fri Nov 22 12:54:48 EST 2019

Steve wrote: "I was looking for the EAD Import/Export mappings file online,
but couldn’t find where the links to it have been moved in Wiki.
That document would help with seeing the mappings between EAD elements and
ASpace JSON schema values."

The mappings documents are found here (scroll down):
https://archivesspace.org/using-archivesspace/migration-tools-and-data-mapping

I note that these are out-of-date. However, the newly formed Metadata
Standards subcommittee of the ArchivesSpace Technical Advisory Committee is
actively working on updating them.  I hope we have something to share in
the next few months.

Kevin, writing as co-chair of the Metadata Standards subcommittee

Kevin Schlottmann
Head of Archives Processing
Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Butler Library, Room 801