[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Dual Language Data

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Fri Nov 15 11:13:11 EST 2019

Hi all,

I'm very interested in discussion of the underlying issues as well as whether people have done anything to work around ArchivesSpace's limitations in this area. (I'm fact, I recently created a Jira ticket for something in this area based on other inquiries: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-957.) As I mention in that ticket, because of the repeatability of sub-records doing description in multiple languages is possible in some areas of ArchivesSpace but not all, and there is not way for our current EAD exports (either EAD2002 or EAD3) or other outputs to distinguish between the different languages. How many of you work in contexts where this would be valuable (or even required) for individual collections, to work with different service populations or for your local or national context?

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>