[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Update - May 2019

Jessica Crouch Jessica.Crouch at lyrasis.org
Fri May 31 09:17:34 EDT 2019

[ASpaceOrgHome.jpg]

May 2019 Update
Development

ArchivesSpace has released v2.6.0. You can download it at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v2.6.0.

This release contains program-led and community pull requests that provide feature enhancements, bug fixes, infrastructure improvements and documentation updates. There are a number of small changes to the staff and public interfaces to improve usability and clarity. There is also a significant revamp of how background jobs run, including a new reports page layout. This release also has a new feature guided by a community-initiated and authored specification, the option to generate human-readable URLs for use in the public user interface. A full list of the changes and improvements is provided on the release page.

Thanks very much to community members Br. Paul, Blake Carver, Mark Cooper, Tim DiLauro, Bobbi Fox, Brian Harrington, dvhassel, Adam Jazairi, Steve Majewski, Dave Mayo, Curtis Poston, Austin Schaffer, and Trevor Thornton for their code contributions to this release. Thanks also to the contract developer we have been able to engage through member funds, Manny Rodriguez (via LibraryHost), for his substantial efforts on the human-readable URLs feature. Within the program, our co-op student Sarah Morrissey did amazing work in providing a number of community-requested improvements to the staff and public interfaces, and Technical Lead Laney McGlohon and Junior Developer Lora Woodford worked through a tremendous amount of their own code and that of others to bring this packed release to you. This release is also very much a testament to the efforts of our Development Prioritization sub-team, Testing sub-team, Technical Documentation sub-team, and Core Committers Group, as well as individual ArchivesSpace users like Celia Caust-Ellenbogen, Cory Nimer, and Rachel Searcy, who identified and helped us work through particular bug fixes and new features in this release.

Information on upgrading to a new version of ArchivesSpace is available at http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/user/upgrading-to-a-new-release-of-archivesspace/. If you have not yet upgraded to a recent version, we recommend going directly to 2.6.0. Please note that a complete reindex is required for this release.

Save the Date: ArchivesSpace Annual Member Forum

The 5th annual ArchivesSpace Member Forum will be held on August 2nd at the Thompson Conference Center at our member institution the University of Texas - Austin.  As in previous years, this will be a free opportunity for staff of ArchivesSpace member institutions to meet and share information with each other and the program team.  More information about the program and logistics coming soon!

Call for Participation: ArchivesSpace Code of Conduct Working Group

We’re looking for volunteers to serve on the ArchivesSpace Code of Conduct working group.  The Working Group’s mission is to draft a code of conduct that addresses both online and in person interaction and appropriate responses to violations.  The working group will draft a Code of Conduct to present to the ArchivesSpace community for comment before implementation. Contact Jessica at jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org> to volunteer.

Call for Participation: Upcoming Webinar: From Archon to ArchivesSpace

Is your institution a former user of Archon now using ArchivesSpace?  Have you adapted workflows, workarounds or tricks for your implementation of ArchivesSpace to account for what you miss in Archon?  We will be hosting an upcoming webinar geared specifically for former Archon users who are looking to adapt workflows for ArchivesSpace.  If you would like to present at this webinar, contact Jessica at jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>. More information on the webinar itself will be available later in the year.

Membership Update

We are excited to welcome our newest members to our community! Our new members since April 30  include:

  *   Elizabethtown College (Elizabethtown, PA)
  *   Hauser and Wirth Institute (New York, NY)
  *   Los Alamos National Laboratory (Los Alamos, NM)
  *   Ohio History Connection (Columbus, OH)
  *   Ripon College (Ripon, WI)
  *   Trevecca Nazarene University (Nashville, TN)

As a reminder, we will soon be sending out membership renewals for 2019-2020.  If you need to update your billing contact information or if you would like to receive your invoice early, email ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org.

As of May 30, we have 387 General members, 19 Educational Program members, and 3 Registered Service Providers. If you are interested in your institution becoming a member of ArchivesSpace, please email us at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> for more information.

ArchivesSpace monthly updates provide news about ArchivesSpace community and program activities and are sent to our member listservs, the ArchivesSpace Google Group, and SAA’s Collection Management Tools Section listserv, as well as being posted on the ArchivesSpace website. Please feel free to share this update with people you know who have an interest in ArchivesSpace but may not be on one of these lists.

Jessica Dowd Crouch
Community Engagement Coordinator for ArchivesSpace
jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org<mailto:jessica.crouch at lyrasis.org>
Skype: jdowdcrouch

[page1image482511520]