[Archivesspace_Users_Group] MARC export bug in 2.5.2

Rachel Aileen Searcy rachel.searcy at nyu.edu
Wed May 22 17:02:30 EDT 2019

Hello list!

We upgraded to version 2.5.2 a few weeks back and missed this issue in our
testing process. We noticed that the MARC export is exporting relators of
added entries as the translation instead of the actual value. For example,
now =700 1\$aDoe, John.$4Donor is being exported instead of =700 1\$aDoe,
John.$4dnr. We have confirmed this to be happening in both our local
instance and the community sandbox. On our end, this creates a validation
error for OCLC records, and is inconvenient for our ILS workflow, as the
two are bundled together.

We've already submitted a JIRA ticket
<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-896> for this bug, and are
planning to address this in the short-term through a MarcEdit tasklist, but
wanted to flag this for others or hear if there were alternative solutions
we hadn't thought of.

Rachel Searcy
Accessioning Archivist, Archival Collections Management
New York University Libraries
212.998.2539 | rachel.searcy at nyu.edu
My pronouns are she/her
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/pipermail/archivesspace_users_group/attachments/20190522/f07a4eed/attachment.html>

More information about the Archivesspace_Users_Group mailing list